(1) New issue of Philosophical Transactions B on “Understanding variation in human fertility: what can we learn from evolutionary demography?” (edited by Lawson, Sear, Shenk, Stearns, and Kaplan).
(2) Doug Kenrick talks about his lab’s recent efforts to measure individual differences in fundamental motives.
(3) Just over half of Americans want to ban Muslim immigrants and more than six in ten think torture is justified.
(4) “Urban neighborhoods are increasingly young, rich, childless, and white.”
(5) Trump’s support among white evangelicals is concentrated among those who don‘t regularly go to church. (Here’s Monkey Cage discussing ANES data and here’s Pew with similar findings from their own data.)