(1) “[T]hese findings indicate that adverse childhood environments do not universally impair mental functioning, but can actually enhance specific types of cognitive performance in the face of uncertainty.”
(2) An overview of the past 50 year of immigration to the U.S. (Plus more charts and graphs.)
(3) More Americans have health insurance, but lots still don’t.
(4) So Trump really is a silver-spooner pretending to be a populist. (And a wonkier analysis of Trump’s tax plan.)
(5) “[T]here [is] a supreme irony in this racial condescension that casts black people, whose free labor helped establish the prosperity of this country and who were systematically excluded from the full benefits of that prosperity for generations, as leeches only desirous of ‘free stuff’ …”