(1) Are Hollywood and the press actually full of Democrats? Yes they are. (And so are art galleries, record companies, museums, universities, libraries, publishing houses, etc.)
(2) The recent rise in political “independents” seems to be reversing somewhat.
(3) “President Barack Obama is on pace to leave the White House with a smaller federal prison population than when he took office – a distinction no president since Jimmy Carter has had.”
(4) “The religious left is the Sasquatch of American politics. It leaves footprints in the snow but recent sightings of the creature itself are rare, and not always credible.”
(5) “The share of U.S. adults who describe themselves as Christians has been declining for decades, but the U.S. Congress is about as Christian today as it was in the early 1960s” (the adult population is now 71% Christian, but the current Congress is 91% Christian, including 80% of Democrats and 99% of Republicans).
Social science for the pleeps